SASIG is the Strategic Aviation Special Interest Group of the Local Government Association and acts as knowledge network and policy forum for local authorities with either a direct or indirect interest in aviation as the result of:
- Being a share or freehold owner of an airport or airfield;
- Having statutory planning, safeguarding, environmental, transport, economic development and emergency response co-ordination responsibilities relating to an airport or airfield;
- Experiencing environmental, surface access, economic or housing market impacts, positive or negative, from an airport or airfield;
- Being within the envelope of planned or prospective airspace changes;
- Potential users, hosts, providers and future regulators of advanced air mobility technologies.
We represent our membership in meetings, policy discussions, and formal consultations with relevant Government departments and their agencies and regulators and brief Ministers and MPs on issues of concern to our members. We also undertake research, provide regular news bulletins and host events with external guest speakers to keep our members as well informed as possible about policy, regulation and industry developments of most relevance to them.
We are interested in meeting with Whitehall officials and political representatives, a wide spectrum of aviation industry and AAM organisations, potential sponsors or our work and with anyone from within Local Government and wider stakeholder communities.