The 5th British-Irish Airports EXPO 2022 has now ended
Thank you to all of our partners, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and delegates for making the show a big success!
Please subscribe to our newsletter to be kept updated.
Thursday 23rd June 2022 - Day 1
Sustainable Aviation Fuels: The major airline, the hub airport, and the specialist
Chair’s opening presentation:
Author, Fueling Net Zero; Sustainable Aviation Lead
Group Head of Sustainability
International Airlines Group
The benchmarks of IAG’s Flightpath Net Zero – in what way can airports contribute key stakeholders to ensure we collectively meet our global climate goals?
Head of Carbon Strategy (Net Zero)
Special presentation: A new Low Noise Arrivals Metric
As early as 1978, studies have identified best practice measures to reduce arrival noise by keeping aircraft higher for longer during their approach. Continuous Descent Operations (CDO) is the primary method of reducing noise experienced on the ground beneath arriving aircraft, and today, compliance rates are very high. This means that there is no longer an incentive to further reduce noise from arriving aircraft. In 2018, a national cross-industry project in the UK was established to develop a new Low Noise Arrivals Metric, designed to complement the current CDO definition and further incentivise quieter arrivals. This metric provides an additional performance target for airports and is the focus of this presentation.
- Leeds Bradford Airport hits milestone on roadmap to net zero
- AGS Airports CEO Derek Provan to step down in 2023
- Gatwick opens new retail offers including two LEGO stores
- Virgin Atlantic announces new daily service from Heathrow to Tampa
- Manchester Airports Group rebrands merged MAGO and MAG USA as CAVU
- Shannon Airport and regional economy feel bounce as world’s top golfers arrive for JP McManus Pro-Am
- easyJet launches route from Belfast City to Liverpool
- Aer Lingus Regional announces Cardiff and Southampton services from Belfast City base
- London City Airport begins 10-week consultation on changes to existing planning permission
- More businesses can now register their interest in supplying Gatwick